simple is beautiful
ieatishootipost Blogs Singapore Best Food: Bedok Chwee Kueh: Simple, Comfort Food
2 ... 2 ...

Blog Archive

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Bedok Chwee Kueh: Simple, Comfort Food



Every wondered why Chwee Kueh is called Chwee Kueh? I have, and I don't have the answer for you. Chwee Kueh literally means Water Cakes. Perhaps they have a high proportion of water in the mix? Maybe some of our readers can enlighten us.

Anyone who frequents Bedok Interchange Hawker Centre will know about this famous Chwee Kueh Stall. OK, I am not a big fan of Chwee Kueh, so for me this one is pretty good. In fact, I don't really know how much better Chwee Kueh can get.

The texture of the Kueh is very smooth and the Chye Poh (Preserved Veg) is savoury and yummy. That is all I can say about the Chwee Kueh. Rave about it? Not really. Crave? Nope. But should you happen to take a bite of your friend's pack of Chwee Kueh, I'll bet you won't just stop at one. 4/5

Bedok Chwee Kueh
Bedok Interchange Food Centre
#01-53
7am to 11pm daily

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL